The work of nursing technicians in a socialhealth care unit aims to provide complete and personalized care, as well as to meet the needs of people in a situation of dependency, including the entire set of health and social care.
The functions focus on the care of those who require help in their day to day. We can distinguish 4 main functions that are:
- Educational: refers to activities related to the promotion of autonomous personal and independent life habits.
- Assistance: Refers to activities related to the supervision of hygiene habits, food control, assistance techniques… As well as the promotion of movement and action in the event of possible falls, assistance in the physiological needs of the patient, etc.
- Socializing: refers to activities aimed at promoting social relations with the people around them. Maintaining contact, and the relationship with the closest people and friends has a very positive effect on the health and mood of the person.
- Rehabilitation: this function focuses mainly on help and support in functional rehabilitation and recovery of possible faculties that the person has lost or has deteriorated significantly. That is to say, tasks as important as the recognition of people, orientation, location in time, place and memory.
Our center provides personalized attention to each user, we focus on PCA (Person Centered Care). Respecting the values, preferences and needs expressed by users, involving them in decision-making, recognizing that they are individuals with their own values and preferences. Providing a dignified treatment, with respect and sensitivity to their cultural values and autonomy.
Providing a series of benefits for both the user, the family and the professionals themselves.
FOR THE USERS
- Improvement of their quality of life (subjective well-being, state of mind, autonomy, independence).
- People feel more satisfied with the care received.
- They become more involved in their plan of care.
- Facilitates and encourages family presence and collaboration in care.
- Increases the trust of the family towards the center and the professionals.
- Improves the relationship and prevents some difficulties
- Dignifies and qualifies your care work.
- It motivates, generates enthusiasm and strengthens professional self-esteem.
- It favors improvement and innovation processes.
- It makes visible, reinforces and values the correct professional attitudes and good practices
- Responsibility is shared and achievements belong to everyone.
NURSING AUXILIARY – SOCIALHEALTH PVC